There’s a saying in French here “Ca va aller.” It basically means, “It’ll be fine” or “Don’t worry about it.” It’s a very useful saying here. It works when I’m frustrated about something, when I’m stressed out about something, or when I don’t know what’s going on. It also works when I don’t understand what people are saying to me in French. I say it and people seem to just laugh. I have a feeling that “Ca va aller” may be a theme throughout my next two years here…

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rainy Season!

Rainy season is so cool – all of a sudden a huge rain storm that stops everything will come in.  I love watching them.  Pictures from the first real rain storm this season (from my latrine).

On the note of rainy season, I have decided to plant and harvest peanuts this year.  Will update soon…

 

rainy season 1 rainy season 2

No comments:

Post a Comment