There’s a saying in French here “Ca va aller.” It basically means, “It’ll be fine” or “Don’t worry about it.” It’s a very useful saying here. It works when I’m frustrated about something, when I’m stressed out about something, or when I don’t know what’s going on. It also works when I don’t understand what people are saying to me in French. I say it and people seem to just laugh. I have a feeling that “Ca va aller” may be a theme throughout my next two years here…

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bye Bye Ceremony

August 24, 2010

Had a great last few days in homestay. I’m really going to miss my family, although I can definitely come back to visit. We had a thank you ceremony on Monday that was really fun.  100_0201

Played dress up last night in some of my host mom’s traditional clothes and had a photo shoot. Hair is getting more comfortable, but it’s just really, really hot and hard to sleep with. So training has felt a lot like high school, having class all day and then going home. And this week definitely feels like the last week of school before summer gets out. Haven’t really been doing much, which has been surprisingly enjoyable. So excited for swear-in on Friday and to be an official PCV!!!! 100_0137

1 comment:

  1. Just love seeing these pictures and hearing from you. CONGRATS on officially becoming a Peace Corps Volunteer!!! We're so proud of you. Love you and miss you so much.... Mom

    ReplyDelete