There’s a saying in French here “Ca va aller.” It basically means, “It’ll be fine” or “Don’t worry about it.” It’s a very useful saying here. It works when I’m frustrated about something, when I’m stressed out about something, or when I don’t know what’s going on. It also works when I don’t understand what people are saying to me in French. I say it and people seem to just laugh. I have a feeling that “Ca va aller” may be a theme throughout my next two years here…

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taco Night

August 22, 2010

This weekend was my last weekend with my host family. Unfortunately I was slightly sick because of a parasite apparently, but we had a great time. We made dinner for my host family, some variation on tacos/fajitas with what we could find here. We also made tortillas from scratch and taught them the concept of “make-your-own.” It was hysterical! They were delicious, but my family hated the tacos! Their faces were so funny as they were eating. They were saying “It’s so good,” but their faces were like “what the heck is this crap!” It’s so funny, good food is largely defined by the sorts of foods you’re used to. I do think it gave them a new appreciation for what we go through every night with the food here.IMG_4099 

Some of the girls in my family did my hair again, but this time they added extensions. At first I was a little nervous because I was thinking they don’t really sell extension to match blonde hair here. But the match actually isn’t too bad, and you can’t really see much of my original hair anyways. Between Saturday night and again Sunday morning, it took 6 ½ hours!! And it hurt so much. The price of beauty… 100_0116I really hope I can take them out without losing all my hair. And here is where a picture is worth a thousand words, so hopefully the internet is working fast enough to get the picture up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment