There’s a saying in French here “Ca va aller.” It basically means, “It’ll be fine” or “Don’t worry about it.” It’s a very useful saying here. It works when I’m frustrated about something, when I’m stressed out about something, or when I don’t know what’s going on. It also works when I don’t understand what people are saying to me in French. I say it and people seem to just laugh. I have a feeling that “Ca va aller” may be a theme throughout my next two years here…

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Officially a Peace Corps Volunteer!

August 28, 2010

Training is over and we are now officially Peace Corps Volunteers.  We had our swearing-in ceremony Friday at the US Embassy.  The first lady of Burkina Faso came, which was a huge honor and super exciting.  I leave for my regional capitol tomorrow and then on Monday, I get to my site finally!  It’s crazy, can’t believe its finally here, my first day in village!

IMG_4156 IMG_4180

 

Pictures:

Left: First Lady giving a speech

Right: Health Stage August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment